Florence, Tuscany, & Rome: 8 days / 7 nights
The literal and figurative heart of Italy, Tuscany and Rome boast more than 3,000 years of history that has long seduced visitors from around the world. Think gladiators, emperors, Hannibal, papal intrigue, the birth of modern banking, architectural wonders, Renaissance Art, vineyards, and Vespas. Not to mention the regions’ lyrical landscapes which produce the ingredients for their signature rustic, but flavorful cuisine and world-class wines. Our trip through Florence, the Tuscan countryside, and Rome will focus on bespoke experiences that highlight these regions’ extraordinary histories, artistic and cultural legacies, and, of course, cuisines!
- 3 pre-departure Zoom sessions with Ashley
- Accommodations in a shared room with someone of the same gender
- 3 nights in Florence, 2 nights in Tuscany (Val D’Orcia), and 2 nights in Rome
- In-country transportation for included activities
- Transport from Tuscany to Rome
- Rooftop prosecco welcome toast
- 7 breakfasts, 5 dinners
- Private Duomo tour (Florence)
- Food history experience and tasting
- Entrance to the Palazzo Pitti
- Entrance to the Boboli Gardens, and Bardini Garden
- Vintage Cinquecento or Vespa tour in Tuscany
- Cooking class
- Winery tour and tasting
- Hot-air balloon ride in Tuscany (weather permitting)
- Tour of the Colosseum underground
- Entrance to the Roman Forum
- Baroque art gelato crawl (Rome)
- 24/7 Insider knowledge from Ashley (history, art, and photos) and Anna (culture, food and wine, and the art of “fare niente”)
- ALL the epic photo ops along the way
What’s Not Included
- Flights to and from Italy
- Airport transfers
- Train from Rome to Florence (if flying into Rome, budget $50)
- Mandatory trip insurance (budget approx. $75-$220)
- Meals not mentioned (budget around $175)
- Incidental Expenses
- Optional activities
- Tips and gratuities
TRAVELING WITH ASHLEY AND ANNA
There will be no large tour operators, big groups, or standard tours. Everything will be small and bespoke, uniquely crafted by Anna and I to showcase what we love about Tuscany and Rome.
I fell in love with Italy when I studied abroad in Rome as an undergraduate. Focusing on the history of Early Modern Italy in grad school allowed me to return regularly and even call Florence home for a time. I started working with Anna nearly a decade ago while teaching and working with study abroad programs in Florence. I dreamed up the perfect Amalfi Coast trip for my students and Anna made it happen (and made it better).
Despite being complete opposites—I am a bubbly American that loves to get up early and is always on the go while Anna is a sassy Australian who does not love sunrise photoshoots (but she will tolerate them for me) —we love traveling together, and balance each other perfectly!
THE FINE PRINT
HEALTH and COVID: You must be fully vaccinated by September 10, 2021, to join us on this trip. Both Anna and I are fully vaccinated and value every one’s health and safety. We will ask for a photocopy of your valid vaccine card prior to departure. You must also abide by any airport, airline, and /or immigration policies and procedures from both the United States and Italy (or your home country). On the off-chance Italy closes its borders, History in High Heels (Ashley) and Florence and Beyond (Anna) are not responsible for your airfare, airline fees, or related travel expenses. Individual airlines will be responsible for handling reimbursements. While we require basic travel insurance for every participant, we HIGHLY recommend that in the time of Covid, each participant selects a travel insurance with Covid coverage.
You must carry a valid passport and have obtained all of the required visas, permits, certificates, proof of vaccinations, and other travel documentation for all the countries in which you will visit during your trip. Your passport must be valid for 6 months beyond the duration of the trip. It is your responsibility to ensure that you satisfy all entry requirements and that you are in possession of the correct visas, permits and certificates for your trip and that all of the information on those documents are accurate. We are not responsible if you are refused entry to a country because you lack the correct passport, visa or other travel documentation.
Participants should check with consulates for the latest health requirements. Participants must bring their own medications, insect repellent or other recommended prescribed drugs, including but not limited to allergy medication (e.g., EpiPen).
CANCELLATIONS: This trip is subject to a minimum number of participants. If the minimum number of participants is not reached by the end of August, we reserve the right to cancel the trip. If this happens, any participant who has already registered and paid the trip deposit, or paid in full, will be fully refunded.
To register for the program and secure your spot, there is a 20 percent deposit. Payment in full for the trip is due by September 10, 2021.
- 30 days or more prior to departure, full refund minus the deposit.
- 29-16 days before departure, 50% of the trip is refunded. The rest is non-refundable.
- 15-8 days before departure, 25% of the trip is refunded. The rest is non-refundable.
- 7 days or less prior to departure NO REFUND.
No refund is due if a traveler fails to join a trip, joins it after departure, or leaves it prior to its completion for any reason. There will be no refunds for unused services after a trip has commenced.
There are no exceptions to this cancellation and refund policy, including for reasons related to weather, terrorism, civil strife, airline default, strikes, personal, family, or medical emergencies or any other circumstances beyond our control. This means that even if you cancel because of medical issues, virus, sickness, quarantine, travel restrictions/warnings, fear of traveling or any other reason, your booking will be subject to this cancellation and refund policy. This is why we require that you secure travel insurance in order to participate on a trip and, again, recommend comprehensive Covid coverage.